Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day.........to J.C.



37 years ago, a huge floral bouquet showed up on the morning of our wedding day in June, 1975 with a small card and a handwritten note that said "meet me at the church today". That was the first love note of my married life. I have boxes of little love notes from our 42 years together, sometimes I have found them on my pillow beside my head when I wake up, sometimes in a robe pocket, often in my coffee mug, in my car, everywhere and anywhere. They always make me smile, even blush at times but they always got it right somehow.  Depending on what is going on that week, that month, that year these tiny notes can be funny, romantic, serious, sexy, even goofy at times but they are "us". Every couple who is together for years and years needs an "us'. Something special that lets you each know that everything is good with the two of you in this world together. 




Love Lock Bridge ~ Paris 2013

For some couples, it can be grand gestures, being swept off their feet but for "us' it has always been as simple as a small note. For a man of few words, he has always been able to get to the heart of the matter in our married life on small pieces of paper. When one of his blush-worthy notes was inadvertently seen by someone working in our home last year, I noticed he scaled back on the quantity and quality of their message. Even couples who have been married forever can't mess with romance. So just let me say this...........


Happy Valentines Day J.C. and  leave me some love notes again please..............
just for "us".





Wishing my readers a most wonderfully sweet Valentines Day. 






photos scanned by Sande Chase

22 comments:

  1. Sande, this is absolutely wonderful! I love this story and think it is so YOU. Beautiful, sweet, alive. Happy Valentine's Day to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is such a wonderful post, Sande! I love love notes--found mine this morning waiting for me in the kitchen on my laptop--and you are so right, they let you know that things are good between the two of you. They are touchstones along the way. Happy Valentine's Day to you both! xoxo Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always those little things isn't it? Not typically the grand gestures but the way we live real life. I was married in june 1975, but unlike you love-birds our story wasn't a happy one. Lucky for me I had a second-act. You my friend, did it right the first time. Happy Valentine's to you Sande and your romantic J.C.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lovliest piece I have read in a long, long time, sande. thank you for giving us that gift. donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sande, I know exactly how you feel, I too have been married for 42 years to the love of my life. Words can not truly express what a love like that is. A love that has gone through all the ups and downs, the happy and the sad, a love that conquers all. Nothing like it and I am so blessed to have it in my life, forever and always,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, honest and heartfelt post. Love the pictures and the sentiment that romance needs to be kept alive no matter how long a couple has been together. You're clearly both doing a wonderful job. Wishing you a very happy Valentine's day and lots of love xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Sande... How lovely and what a romantic J is... The perfect gift ... xv

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sande, I love this post! I do the same thing for my husband. I leave notes in his books, his suitcase, on his paperwork, the coffee machine. Once I filled about every other page of a paper back book her was reading...and he accidentally passed the book on to a friend. There were a few comments about that.

    I hope you have a fabulous Valentine's Day!!!!!

    Take care, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do not know what happened to my comment!!! I will summarize I LOVED THIS POST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful to see you posting again and I love to hear about your wonderful love story.............
    and they lived Happily ever afer. Every day is a good day for love. Rumi

    Love is all you need♪
    Happy Valentine's day
    Love Jeanen

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's what we do when we've been together and married for a long time. We truly do become us, just as we vowed on our wedding day. You are so blessed to have those visible, verbal evidences of his love. I can tell that you cherish him very much. Sweet post!

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely post. Happy Valentine's Day to you both. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yours is the best Valentine's Day post i read today. What a priceless treasure box of notes you have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet. We all need to remember that tomorrow may not come and so today ....... send the love notes.

    Enjoy Valentine's Day with your honey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perhaps one of the loveliest things I've ever read on the Internet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sande, thank you for this very personal glimpse....wishing you & J many, many more Valentines together~ and of course, a wonderful day together, today~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo Sandekins I adore that first photo...how cool! Thanks for sharing with us ... you two sweet lovebirds... :o
    much love D

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet and beautiful love story! I hope I can write the same lovely things when we hit our 37th anniversary (going to the 16th and doing very well, thank you!).
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Rosa
    http://www.lepaquet.blogspot.com

    PS: We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! and the wedding photo - how adorable you are! (you still are!) I've missed your posting. Hope you're back again soon. And wishing you many many more Happy and Healthy years together!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi --- This is a wonderful post and nice to know the romance is still there - you're husband is quite special (but then he married you). I seem to be echoing the sentiment that it's nice to have you back and hope your updates continue far more often. You are missed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your four years in cyber space! I am only at two, but have already noticed that there are lag times, and it is quite an achievement to keep delighting and inspiring at the level you do!
    You are one lucky married lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I couldn't resist commenting on this sweet romantic post. I love your wedding photo, and congratulate you on 37 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails