Friday, February 22, 2013

Love Wearing Black...............and Marchesa muffins



~ Rear Hotel Lobby of The Maison des Élysées ~

I do love wearing black, in fact I have a Pinterest board named Love Wearing Black . Nobody can say I don't know my fashion in shades of black. I just texted our friend Vicki A. and asked her where I took the above photo last September, that fabulously stylish hotel restaurant in Paris where I ate frites in addition to a full dinner while drinking St. Germaine (I have a killer St. Germain cocktail recipe coming up) while trying not to stare at actress Isabella Rossellini who was sitting directly in my sight view while listening to my most interesting dinner friends that night. Just so you know, Isabella must Love Wearing Black as well and yes, I had dessert too! Come to think of it, we were all wearing black that evening even the mannequins lined up in the rear hallway of this fashionable hotel. * Yes, I would totally consider booking this hotel for next trip.





Marchesa ~ photo by Jamie Beck

Here's the thing. The reason I am thinking about Paris in the middle of a Canadian winter. I lose weight every time I go to Paris. Isn't that just the best thing? I have begun to think of it as a weight loss spa destination or virtual proof that Paris is where I was supposed to live see, even my body does better there. No wonder I have been so fascinated with the gorgeous blog Paris In Four Months, blogger Carin Olsson is living my dream! Daydreaming aside, it doesn't take much to figure out it is the abundance of walking that melts those Canadian pounds right off no matter what I eat and drink. Too bad I can't live there. Too bad I can't go there right now for a week or two, just a few short months before I have to purchase/wear a fabulous frock for two special occasions in May. I say fabulous because I know I want something beautiful, something fitted and colourful, something  NOT Black after watching the parade of runway colour these past few weeks.



Marchesa ~ photo by Jamie Beck

That colour confidence requires going all Jennifer Hudson over here, filling in those time-consuming Weight Watcher menus each day, blending Green Smoothies, and heaven forbid, walking miles in the indoor shopping mall because we really are having a Canadian winter this year.


Triple Chocolate Chunk muffin with Greek Yogurt - 3 points

My son says "Mom! only old, old people walk the mall for exercise". True. I run into my niece and she says "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". True. My WW leader says "you lost 2 lbs this week, good for you!". Hurray. Everybody has something to say when you go on a diet. All I know is that while I was walking in the mall minding my own business, I walked right into a jewelry store on my way out and found the diamond ring replacement that I have been casually hunting for since my wedding ring was stolen years ago. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? As a weight loss method, Paris might be a great deal cheaper and I bet they have fabulous gowns too. In the most gorgeous of colours.





The Maison des Champs Élysées here
Click here to read Vicki Archer's post on Isabella Rossellini.







Photo 1 by Sande Chase/Photo 2, 3 and 4 by Jamie Beck/Photo 5 by Dashing Dish

16 comments:

  1. Now, isn't the just about the BEST post ever!!
    Absolutely, it is.
    Love you, Sande.
    PS, when it's hot in Houston we have permission to walk indoors also, in fact there is a club atop our famous Galleria with a track just for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done this is so special.
    Thanks for sharing
    Love from Sunny South Africa
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sande,
    Well, I pretty much ALWAYS wear black !! When you open my wardrobe it's black, black, black with a few touches of white, grey and burgundy. If I'm out shopping and I see something that I like, I take all of the colours that it comes in to try on and, as soon as I try it on in black , I always think it looks the nicest. I like to think of it as my signature although I think that I might have a problem !!!! haha. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sande-
    This is a lovely post, and the gowns are stunning of course. Trying the muffing recipe too.
    My daughter has lost 12 lbs recently on WW. Way to go!
    Happy Friday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sande!
    Black is my favorite color!!! Love this post...I suppose while in Paris you do quite a bit more walking and the portions at the cafés are of 'normal' proportions!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this .. Felt like you took us there. I really love the beautiful GOWNS and the Muffins looked devine.... Thanks for taking us to PARIS girl .................Blessings, Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

      Delete
  6. Love this post, it made me smile and think. I wear a lot of black (especially in Winter) but do like pops of colour in Spring and Summer. Those Marchesa gowns are absolutely stunning and I wonder what those special events might be...

    I think that the main reason you're losing weight in Paris is that you're on holiday and doing far more walking and exploring, and a lot less sitting at a desk and working... ;-) Either way though, who needs a reason to visit Paris?!

    Have a lovely weekend and stay warm in the Canadian Winter xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I could I would be pounding that mall with you Sande... every day...
    If Paris is a diet... I am happy to go hungry... :) When are we going back?? xv

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black...the best go to color!! That's great that you found the ring you have been searching for...stay warm xoxox
    ps i totally want that muffin :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post + you should go to Paris every chance you get. Wonder what you will get to wear in May.
    Good luck....xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, I'm going back on WW as soon as I finish packing. Love your photos, I'd wear that dress in a minute if I could figure out where to wear it. You're a site is a visual treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree Sande...you can never go wrong wearing black. I love the way accessories work with black...even the most outrageous! I hope you can get back to Paris this year...every woman should have Paris in her life...at least once a year. Until then.... for you... http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/jun/03/top-10-films-on-paris

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your postings.

    Much love and many blessings

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this fun post! I hope you got the ring! And I say - go for paris, though I see they have had some snow this winter too. (and I'm obessessing over the same blog as you!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paris as weight-loss plan: I LOVE it. And truly, I think it would be cheaper than mall walking. Okay, maybe not cheaper, but ultimately a better value all the way around. As we get yet another round of snow here in Maine today, I'm thinking it's really, really time to come out of hibernation, isn't it? :)

    BTW, that pink Marchesa dress is amazing! I think you need it. xoxo Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Firstly, I'm so pleased to see that you are back blogging. The first image is beautiful (I'm not sure why, but I do like mannequins!) and those Marchesa gowns, especially the neutral one, are sunning. Triple chocolate muffins - thank you for the link to the recipe.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails